The Key Digital Technologies Partnership (KDT) is dedicated to the development of electronic components and systems (ECS) covering a wide range of digital technologies such as edge-computing, embedded systems and Artificial Intelligence, connectivity, process/node technologies, design tools and methodologies, quality/reliability and cybersecurity. As well as ECS applications in the health, mobility, manufacturing, energy, agri-food sectors, among others.
For more details on the technological areas covered by the KDT it is recommended that you consult the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (ECS SRIA).
This is one of the Horizon Europe Partnerships implemented in the form of a Joint Undertaking (JU), with Participating States (including Portugal), private members (associations AENEAS, Inside e a EPoSS) and the European Commission. This implementation of the Partnership is under the responsibility of the KDT JU Office.
The 2023 Work Programme covers three calls:
Call 2023-1 – Innovation Actions (IA):
- Topic 1: Global IA – “bottom-up” according with the ECS SRIA 2023 (IA)
- Topic 2: Focus topic on 6G Integrated Radio Front-End for TeraHertz Communications (IA)
- Topic 3: Focus topic on Integration of trustworthy Edge AI technologies in complex heterogeneous components and systems (IA)
- Topic 4: Focus topic on Electronic Control Systems (ECS) for management & control of decentralized energy supply & storage (IA)
Call 2023-2 – Research and Innovation Actions (RIA):
- Topic 1: Global RIA – “bottom-up” according with the ECS SRIA 2023 (RIA)
- Topic 2: Focus topic on Hardware abstraction layer for a European Vehicle Operating System (RIA)
Call 2023-3 – IA and Coordination and Support Actions (CSA):
- Topic 1: Improving the global demand supply forecast of the semiconductor supply chain (IA)
- Topic 2: Pan-European network for Advanced Packaging made in Europe (CSA)
- Topic 3: Coordination of the European software-defined vehicle platform (CSA)