By Resolution of the Council of Ministers No. 70/2021, dated June 4th, the government has stablished the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the April 25th Revolution, a central milestone in contemporary Portugal, bringing an end to the dictatorship, ending the imperial era, and creating conditions for democratization and modernization of the country.
With reference to the 50th anniversary of the April 25th Revolution – recognizing and celebrating the achievement and construction of democracy while also looking towards the future – the aim is to promote scientific research developing new knowledge, from a multi and interdisciplinary perspective, in several fields, including history, political science, law, sociology, economics, education sciences, anthropology, literature, and the arts.
Within the scope of the protocol signed between FCT and the Mission Structure for the Commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the April 25 Revolution of 1974, the present Call is launched aiming at promoting the social sciences and humanities, strengthening their presence on the national scientific agenda in the following research lines:
- civic and political participation
- economic, political and social dynamics
- written, visual and musical narratives
- decolonization and international dynamics
- oral history and memorial records
- memory of the Revolution and democratization
- archival processing, digitalization and study of documentary collections related to the April 25th and to the construction of the Portuguese democracy
- creation and provision of educational resources promoting knowledge and memory about April 25th, namely in citizenship education