The CMU Portugal Program open a call to award 12 PhD Research Grants, to be funded by FCT.
The MIT Portugal Program (MPP2030) aims to develop collaborative research between MIT and Portuguese universities, research institutes, laboratories and companies, fostering innovative high-impact ideas and research projects with the potential to address complex challenges of global and societal impact.
- Climate Science and Climate Change;
- Earth Observation: Oceans-Space;
- Digital Transformation in Manufacturing;
- Sustainable Cities.
(areas supported by Data Science)
- Flagship projects: large collaborative research projects between MIT and Portuguese universities, research institutes, laboratories, companies;
- Seed Projects: funding for collaborative research ideas between MIT and Portuguese universities, research institutes, laboratories, companies;
- Idea sprint: Short events / competitions, i.e. several different activities and events, such as competitions and hackathons, for developing and testing ideas;
- Studentships doctoral grants: in the scope of the MIT Portugal Program, FCT annually awards 40 (forty) Studentships doctoral grants FCT-MPP2030 for doctoral studies in the main areas of the MIT Portugal Program.
Watch the video MIT Portugal Program - paving the way for novel scientific research